Sunday, 16 June 2013

R J Palacio | Wonder

This is one of these reviews where my thoughts on the book simply cannot be written down well enough. Instead, I'll just put down a few bullet points of why I liked loved it.

  1. It made me, a steel-hearted non-crier, well up. Twice.
  2. Auggie's story made me stop and think about how nice I am or aren't to people.
  3. Via and Justin's stories made me appreciate all the love and attention I get.
  4. In the play Via, Justin and Miranda are in, one of the main characters is Emily W (my name also).
  5. The play (Our Town) was originally directed by a man with the surname Wilder (my surname also).
  6. Auggie's birthday is the 10th of October, one day after my birthday.
  7. It has proved to me that you can write from a younger person's point of view with the correct mental age (not like the previous few books I've read where the main character is about 10, yet they think like a 6-year-old).
  8. The final word in the book is the title!
  9. It's a style that I've always wanted to read - different perspectives on one (or more) events. 
These are only a few that I can think of off the top of my head, but even if none of these seem interesting to you, I still advise you read it. Many books that people I hear raving about, I hate. So if Wonder is a book that moved me, I'm sure it'll do wonders for you!

I give this book a 5/5 and it's the best book I've read this year. (Second best of all time!)

No comments:

Post a Comment